with new Widgets support in plugin api, finally we can have the full ime support!

photo

I know there are some clients from China/Japan/Korea, but unigine only have basic ime support, like ime window follow the cursor, which will make engine more user friendly.

here is my lastest work for full ime support:

post-49-0-23362000-1396499095_thumb.jpg

IME window with interface plugin

post-49-0-64815000-1396499131_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-69135900-1396499144_thumb.jpg

IME window without Interface plugin.

with these changes, Unigine now can finally fully support ime for CJK languages.

patch have 3 files:

ime-api-changes.patch: patches to UnigineSDK/includes to make plugins can get the cursor position

ime_follow.patch: patches to source/engine, so when there is no interface, engine always show the composition string and candidate string using it's own gui.

interface-ime-support.patch: patches to source\plugins\Interface, so when interface plugin is loaded, the ime window will follow the input cursor.

Hope these changes can integrated into the official source tree. I think any clients who uses unigine with CJK languages will very happy to see these.

imesupport-src-patch.rar

• 1 month later...

another notice to this, there is a bug in my previous patch, the WM_IME_SETCONTEXT should not be processed by engine/framework/AppWindow.cpp

just leave that message to DefWindowProc, otherwise it will cause engine to freeze at startup under Windows 7. without processing this message, everything works fine.