multi keyboard layout support

photo

Hello there is it possible to have a multi keyboard layout into unigine?

Here is my current issue, i have got a swiss keyboard layout

540px-Computer-keyboard-Swiss.svg.png

as most of you know that to bring the console down while using the evaluation kit you must use ~ , in my case i can't bring the console at all.

this would be enable most pc users to open the console without having to mess with Operating system keyboard configuration.

thank you very much

What alternative key would you suggest?

We use '#' character for console (de-)activation by patching source code as default '~' can only be used when switching from german to english keyboard layout (which is quite inconvenient because some other required keys like '_' do no longer conform to german keyboard hardware layout)

Unfortunately consistent windows scan code/key code mapping of special symbol keys for different language specific keyboard layouts seems to be a real pain...

What alternative key would you suggest?

well why not create a pop up window to set the user to select a specific key for console when he runs for the first time the eval kit or benchmark? i use the linux version of the eval and it's a shame that isn't the same feel as for the windows one...

I agree with slim.farza, IMHO the best option it's to make console key configurable and stored in unigine.cfg. Something like this:

<item name="console_key_binding_c" type="string">toggle_console</item>