mirroring geometry - negative scaling for symmetric objects?

photo

was wondering if it was possible to instance a mesh/node with negative scaling, for nodes that have some symmetric meshes (mirroring geometry)?

It might be possible for this easy case (scale = -1.0), but in general I would discourage usage of node scaling and leave it at 1.0. Background is that physics engine does not properly account for scaling, so you might encounter some weird effects.

Best practice up to my knowledge:  Do all scaling within modelling tool, and leave UNIGINE node scale at 1.0/1.0/1.0

ok, thanks for reply, but scale = -1 doesn't work for me within node-editor - it will just jump to 0

if i'd scale negative within maya, the normals are obviously wrong, and unigine rotates the object for some reason - 180 degrees in X and Z - as soon as i touch rotation or anything within node-editor, the negative scale will just jump back to 0  or 0.001

for physics calculations this object is way too heavy , i wouldn't care about that for now , but there is like a hundred meshes within that object which could just be instanced from left to right since they're same on both sides.
i thought it might help optimizing and reducing drawcalls if there was a feature to just mirror things.