[SOLVED] Extending Unigine

photo

I need to add extensions to some classes and recompile Unigine for some specific use.

For example, I need to extend ObjectParticle class to be able to do some special shapes.

However, I couldn't find any source code for it in: [unigine SDK/source/app\main/main_vc2008.vcproj]

Am I looking at the right place?

Best,

Well, i don't see it even with search, that's why I'm here. T_T

I don't see engine source code anywhere, (source/engine/ folder doesn't exist) is this because of my licensing option?

Couldn't remember which one I paid for, been awhile...

If I don't have the engine source code licensing, is there anyway that I can I add features to the particle class?

Hmmm it seems like we haven't bought the object code license but that's still under consideration though.

For now, is there any way else to create my own extension class and add it to the editor?

(I want to be able to attach it to a node, edit its parameters and save them along with the .node file.)

This seems to be in general possible with new Node-/ObjectExternal available with latest SDK release (though it will not be possible to subclass existing Object.... classes, but only to define completely your own implementations). At least in the source license version of the SDK there are some small samples

Unigine-Sim-SDK-2014-01-31\source\samples\Api\Nodes\NodeExtern

Unigine-Sim-SDK-2014-01-31\source\samples\Api\Nodes\ObjectExtern

Your company has purchased binary only license, in order to introduce such extensions you need either use ObjectExtern or purchase the license upgrade, please contact licensing@unigine.com for that.