[SOLVED] Release Built + Hack Protection

photo

Ok, I've decided to code most of the things in UnigineScript. However, I don't get how you compile the final release built. Is there a final compiler? Or do we just copy all the files into a new folder? If so, how do I protect the codes from being modified? (I don't really don't get scons on your tutorial page at all. I tried to follow the instruction, but I couldn't get it working. Does it help with this aspect?)

Best,

Source code is node required for release builds. You can exclude scripts easily. world_load console command treats second command line argument as script cache name.

So if you will use the following world_load command with release engine builds (it's important to use same binaries during compilation and execution):

world_load my_world my_cache

As result you will have my_cache.cache file in the specified directory.

After that you can remove all you sources and still using same world_load command to load you worlds.

Moreover this drastically speedups the loading time if you have large source code database.

Different engine binaries (debug/release/version) have a different functions scope. Because of that script cache depends on binary type version.

Check the world_load command in the OilRush game.

Urghhh... :blink:

While I really appreciate your help and kinda get what you mean (using caches and delete actual codes), I still have no idea on how to go about actually doing  it...

When you said 'compilation', is that done so manually via command line or do you mean engine compilation at the start of program execution?

Is there a tutorial or any short guide on this?  :mellow:

Hmm.. do you mean that I should run the game, then open the console command and use "world_load" with cache option to load all my scenes one by one to create cashes of all the scenes I have?

What if I have a lot of worlds that need to be constantly updated?

I also have a lot of linked asset that need to be loaded from its path name, will this be cached too?

What about all the Unigine codes, will there be a final compiler to protect them from hacking?

Well, I tried it. It kinda works as in a sense that I can delete Unigine's codes from my game folder.

However, I cannot remove any of files with the XML format from the game, otherwise the game lost all its resources.

Needless to say, XML files like .world are really easy to edit. Wouldn't this expose the game to the hacker then?