[SOLVED] New Node not showing in Editor?

photo

I just don't get how Unigine works.., somehow when I create a new object or new node from the script, it doesn't show up in the Editor's window. (Even though I can access it via script.)

Am I doing something wrong?

I kinda get the idea but just to make sure, can you help explain the different between:

node_load();

engine.world.loadNode();

engine.editor.addNode();

ps. Somehow I cannot access Unity's doc on the web (the ones in the link above) with my account. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Killer.Penguin,

engine.world.loadNode();  - add node to your world, but not to memory manager. So you need to delete it directly when it is no longer needed.

node_load(); - add your node to the world, to the memory manager, converts a node to its derived type. When you have no references to this node, it is automatically deleted.

engine.editor.addNode(); - the same as node_load(); + add the node to editor, so you can see it in Nodes hierarchy.

The correct link is: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/code/memory_management#script

I see.. so I should always use engine.editor.addNode() so that my editor is always updated? (Just in case I need to keep the editor window open for debuging...)

Is there any down size to it that I should be aware of?

I'm still Having problem on adding ObjectMeshSkinned into the world via coding.

I notice most people use add_editor() to do so, but I couldn't find where it is. Can you give me some pointer?

I've used many engines and this is so far the most undocumented one so far... T_T

Yeah, but once I found something in the samples, I wanted to read about it. Then dang, I just couldn't search for it in the document...

so where the heck is this  add_editor() function?