[SOLVED] Vast terrain with millions of objects.

photo

Hi, just doing some more investigations. I now have a huge terrain with well over a million buildings in it and so far the renderer is managing it ok but the Unigine GUI poops out when I select large "chunks" of objects, e.g. 100k objects nested in a dummy node.

Wondering how anyone else approaches working with the GUI with great numbers of objects? I'm thinking about making the chunks smaller but that's going to be tricky managing my scene if I don't have hierarchy.

Wouldnt be better to use mesh/world clutter for your buildings?

Well, I need to be able to have certain buildings in certain places I don't know how to do that with clutter.

Well, I need to be able to have certain buildings in certain places I don't know how to do that with clutter.

I am trying now with a World Cluster, but what I can't get my head around is how I know if its baked successfully. I've dragged in some reference nodes into a world cluster and click Create but I'm not sure if its created or not.

Ok think I figured out how to bake into cluster. I cannot use dummy nodes, only reference nodes. Is there any way to create dummy reference nodes to help me manage hierarchy?

Ok think I figured out how to bake into cluster. I cannot use dummy nodes, only reference nodes. Is there any way to create dummy reference nodes to help me manage hierarchy?

I just put each cluster into a dummy object and this works well. Over a million buildings on a huge terrain and no GUI problems.