[SOLVED] Still no decent process on how to get started with Unigine

photo

Hi,

I've been following this engine for some time now, and play around with it when I can - I've always been really impressed by the technical ability of Unigine. Our current project utilizes Unity3D as its 3D engine middleware and it will soon be finishing up. Depending on the technical requirements of our next project we may look into Unigine as the middleware.

So I'm currently spending some more of my spare time getting my head around Unigine again and I'm really struggling with the current documentation on how to simply get a basic game project running.

Creating a new project via the engine browser is simple enough. But there was no way to launch the project editor - I had to go hunting in the documentation to figure out how to launch that from the command line. Why isn't there a simple launch script in the project directory?

Once I got that going I took a look at the Game Framework that was recently developed. It looks great as it imitates the more modern object component model. But its not really clear how you start using this framework in a new project. I tried copying the framework script files into my project but the editor refused to launch the Game Framework plugin with no explanation other than to say "Failed to load this plugin".

Not sure where to turn to next here.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

there was no way to launch the project editor

You can choose in generated project launcher between "playing" and "editing". Select Edit in drop-down menu under the Resolution selector to launch project with enabled editor, or Play to launch project without editor (please, see the attached screenshot).

Also, you can generate Console script launchers in addition to GUI launcher in Project Generator. In that case script named launch_editor will be placed to the root of generated project folder. This script also can launch your project with enabled editor.

I tried copying the framework script files into my project but the editor refused to launch the Game Framework plugin with no explanation other than to say "Failed to load this plugin".

We will add game framework support to the Project Generator in the next SDK update, sorry.

To launch game framework in the new generated project, please follow these simple instructions:

1. Copy directory <SDK>/data/framework to <Project>/data/framework;
  2. Launch project with enabled editor;
  3. Open Tools (Hotkey T) -> Plugins -> Load
  4. Select script <Project>/data/framework/plugin/game_framework_plugin.cpp in file dialog;
  5. Press OK.

Game Framework should work here without any problems.

play_or_edit.png

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: