[SOLVED] How to feed the Tracker editor with a time value provided by a script

photo

Hello,

I have a camera oribiting around a walking character. The radius of that orbit should be animated depending on the relation between the facing direction of the character and the camera (whether the character is seen from the front side or the backside). So I would like to have this which is something like acos(dot(viewDirCharacter, viewDirCamera)) as input for the Tracker editor.

I see two possibilities to achive that:

1. load the track file into the tracker editor. Press save whenever something is changed. Load the same track file from the world script and provide it with the acos(...) expression.
  2. create a own track for the camera postion and use the tracker timeline for controlling the camera position as well.

Both of them have some inconveniencies, 1. invovles extra work and is prone to errors in case you forget pressing save, 2. requires some extra logic for distinguishing whether the camera is being edited in the world script (#ifdef EDITOR would not be enough, because the camera should also be able to rotate on its own while in editor mode) .

So I wonder if there is another way to do this...

cheers

Helmut

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply but only very recently I found what I need, I just wasn't aware of its existance :-)

It is the Unigine::Tracker::TrackerEditor widget, it works as the Tracker editor but you can feed it with values calculated from unigine script. Plus I can now edit several tracks at once simply by creating several instances of the widget.

Thanks for you reply.