[SOLVED] Integrating C++ Code

photo

With the last Evaluation update we got access to c++ Api to implement our own plugins. I want to implement libnoise for a procedural terrain generation, but generating the chunks in c++ code. I created a class, members and function, and the main() as well. But I don't know how to access them in unigine script? I red the documentation and all I have found is the complete article about the Dynamic Link Library. Should I compile my code to an .dll file and import that? Because I didn't need any init,update or flush-functions, just access to my Generator-class.
It would be nice, if you can help me with that little problem.

Best Regards,

Christian

I know that topic. I try to register my code with that help. Main-function etc. is already included in my plugin. So it will be enough to extend my .bat-file with "-extern_plugin /data/project/plugins/lib/TerrainGenerator" ?

Okay, I decided to create a plugin instead, because libnoise have a lot ot namespaces in different files (and the interpreter seems to have some problems with angle brackets and double quotes). I compiled a .dll of my code with visual studio and create the "extern_plugin" at my .bat-file. Finally the plugin seems to be noticed but I got a message that "libnoise.dll" is not installed on my computer. But the file is located in the same folder as my plugin-file. Any ideas?

Okay. After Unigine successfully noticed my Plugin.dll with my libnoise.dll, it crashed at function Interpreter::addExternClass() without any hints. ("Unigine has stopped working.").

My code:

class TerrainGeneratorPlugin : public Plugin
{
private:

public:

TerrainGeneratorPlugin();
	virtual ~TerrainGeneratorPlugin(){};

virtual int init();
	virtual int shutdown();
	virtual void update();
};

TerrainGeneratorPlugin::TerrainGeneratorPlugin()
{
	Log::warning("Generator-Plugin constructed!");
}

int TerrainGeneratorPlugin::init()
{
	Log::warning("Try register Terrain Generator Class!\n");
	ExternClass<TerrainGenerator> *terGenerator = MakeExternClass<TerrainGenerator>();
	Log::warning("Terrain Generator Class registered!\n");
	//terGenerator->addConstructor<int,int>();
	terGenerator->addConstructor();
	terGenerator->addFunction("CalculateTerrain",&TerrainGenerator::CalculateTerrain);
	terGenerator->addFunction("BuildTerrain",&TerrainGenerator::BuildTerrain);
	terGenerator->addFunction("GetHeight",&TerrainGenerator::GetHeight);
	terGenerator->addFunction("SetBoundSize",&TerrainGenerator::SetBoundSize);
	terGenerator->addFunction("SetChunk",&TerrainGenerator::SetChunk);
	terGenerator->addFunction("GetBoundSize",&TerrainGenerator::GetBoundSize);
	terGenerator->addFunction("SetWorldSize",&TerrainGenerator::SetWorldSize);
	terGenerator->addFunction("GetWorldSize",&TerrainGenerator::GetWorldSize);
	terGenerator->addFunction("GetHeightMapSizeX",&TerrainGenerator::GetHeightMapSizeX);
	terGenerator->addFunction("GetHeightMapSizeY",&TerrainGenerator::GetHeightMapSizeY);

Log::warning("AddTerrainGenerator Class\n");
	Interpreter::addExternClass("TerrainGenerator",terGenerator);

Log::warning("TerrainGenerator-Plugin successfully initialized!");

return 1;
}

int TerrainGeneratorPlugin::shutdown()
{
	return 1;
}

//Update-Funktion, die jedes Frame aufgerufen wird
void TerrainGeneratorPlugin::update()
{
}

// 4. Expose the created implementation of the plugin interface.
// 4.1. The engine will search for this function to add the plugin library.
// It returns a new instance of the custom plugin.
extern "C" UNIGINE_API void *CreatePlugin() {
	return new TerrainGeneratorPlugin();
}

// 4.2. The engine will search for this function to release the plugin library.
// For that, a void pointer should be casted to the custom plugin type and then
// deleted.
extern "C" UNIGINE_API void ReleasePlugin(void *plugin) {
	delete static_cast<TerrainGeneratorPlugin*>(plugin);
}

It's always a good idea to also post log.html file from UNIGINE bin directory after crash to provide some more information. As a next step I would place breakpoint in TerrainGeneratorPlugin::init and step through the code with C++ Debugger. Maybe debugger callstack on exception reveals some additional information on problem cause.

@ulf

log.html file doesn't say any useful. Pathfind: Multi-Thread is the last point, the engine logged. Nevertheless, I attached the log-file. I tried the debugger-file at home, because I only have a Express-Version at my laptop.

log.html

Still have the same issue at home: "Unigine has stopped working". I can't debug the code even with my professional version of visual studio, so sorry, no callstack. I uploaded my both .dll-files, mybe someone can try it on another machine.

libnoise.rar

After creating a new and clean project with the sample code frome the documentation, I got still the same issue. I can't debug all code, so visual studio give me an error with reading at position .... After that, in the command window (unigine-log) I got following message: "AL lib: DSoundPlaybackProc: WaitForSingleObjectEx error 0x102".

It seems, that there are an issue with the Interpreter::addExternClass() in unigine itself. I used the latest evaluation kit.

EDIT: After playing a little bit around with plugin and visual studio I got the exception at Interpreter-class 3564. I found a post with the same problem.

I adding the preprocessor information, but that doesn't solve the problem. Nevertheless I can wait until the next evaluation kit will be released, but if anyone other have an idea, than asolution is much appreciated. :)

it seems you have my problem,

and please make sure you are using debug configure to compile the plugin, which means /MDd and use Unigine_x64d.lib/Unigine_x86d.lib,

If you use debug version of plugin to link with release version of engine, or use release version of plugin with debug version of engine it will crash.

Thanks steve,

I got it worked. I noticed, that I have to add NDEBUG in preprocessor definitions manually. Now, I can compile successfully my code and load it in unigine without any engine crash.

Nevertheless I can't get access to my code (see this post). Maybe you have although any tipps for me about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christian!

Sorry for late reply, have you used EXPORT_EXTERN define to log your plugin functions? If so, can you upload latest version of your plugins so I can check what is going on?