[SOLVED] crash with video_restart

photo

Hi,

When i add the parameter to my xcode project for launch unigine 

-console_command "video_vsync 1 && video_restart", i have a crash inside setVideoMode about [NSWindow release]

libunwind::CompactUnwinder_x86_64<libunwind::LocalAddressSpace>::stepWithCompactEncodingFrameless(unsigned int, unsigned long long, libunwind::LocalAddressSpace&, libunwind::Registers_x86_64&, bool)libunwind::CompactUnwinder_x86_64<libunwind::LocalAddressSpace>::stepWithCompactEncodingFrameless(unsigned int, unsigned long long, libunwind::LocalAddressSpace&, libunwind::Registers_x86_64&, bool)

I don't make a bug because seems I don't have the crash on the SDK sample of Unigine, but if someone have an icea will be nice.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Frustum, I still have the bug, it's weird because apparently the error depend of the Optimization Level, If I have -O0 I don't have the crash all the other -O+ are giving a crash.

It's possible to catch an exception for don't have a crash by 'try catching' the [window release] inside the setVideoMode.

I know you don't have a crash but may be you have some suggestion, with this new info of Optimization Level

Thanks

Hi @silent, That is will be not easy because seems related to how the engine is build, and the xcode project generated, we are using cmake.

But I can try to extract a piece of that, but you will be necessary to install cake for try it. Is it ok for you ?

Hi @Silent,

I just rebuild using build.py and the libUnigine_x64.dylib are working well. That's confirm the trouble is inside some parameter of my cmake. I am looking one by one the parameter. The only difference between your project and mine for the moment is the -isysroot I am using 10.9 and the arch I am using x86_64. But for the moment seems doesn't solve my trouble :(

I keep searching ....

Hi @Silent, I found it, the flag who give a crash is -fomit-frame-pointer. My cmake was write some month ago. When I remove it the engine work well. 

Sorry to take your time for just an old compiler flag  :unsure: 

Tony