[SOLVED] Obtaining default Unigine performance counters via script

photo

Hi,

This may be dumb question, but I'm looking for a way of obtaining the performance counters provided by Unigine from script. I see that engine.profiler.getValue is able to obtain performance counter values but that seems to be for custom user created performance counters. If I'm say looking to programatically obtain the values that the profiler displays for say "Update" or "Present" or say "RTriangles" and do some processing myself on that data, is there a way of doing that by interrogating the SDK API? If I am able to use engine.profiler.getValue, what are the valid set of keys I can pass to obtain pre-defined Unigine performance counters?

thanks

Craig

Which is bad as this would be the foundation for automatic, script-based world performance testing.

Especially for our large simulation worlds this was a must-have-feature for regression testing of world modifications by jumping automaticallx to well-defined test-points (position/orientation/render settings) and gathering/storing performance counter values (also for well-defined customer acceptance tests). By writing these values to some csv file evaluation of performance changes e.g. via Excel was very easy.

Therefore I would highly recommend to open performance counters for script-access to allow such kind of performance evaluation like in UNIGINE benchmarks. This should be very easy to implement.

something like engine.performance.getCounterNames() for getting array of counter names and engine.performance.getCounterValue(string name) for getting specific counter value.

• Like 1

Agree with ulf here, this is pretty much our use case for the request. I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement and would certainly help with us doing benchmarking of our scenes.

• 2 weeks later...