Decal Deferred Mesh

photo

Just a few suggestions for the DecalDeferredMesh that  would make life easier.

- button to automatically batch reload all .mesh files

- ability to stop inheriting parrallax map from object it is projecting on to.

- a soft edge alpha falloff option and edge fade distance.

- antialiasing - we have used it for road linemarking but it looks like it does not antialias when compared to our normal road line system.

Other than that its working well and has already saved us a lot of time.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Aliasing was the biggest problem.

Alpha Edge - Yes for falloff, an alpha edge falloff with a distance from mesh border.

Parallax - when we made footpaths on top of grass, the POM map from the grass came through to the footpath.  We tried a substitute option, which did remove POM, but disabled any normal map on the footpath.

Thanks

Hi!

I'm trying to use DecalDeferredMesh. When I add a little simple mesh, everything works correctly. But when I try to add more complex mesh, nothing is render.

Are there any requirements or restrictions for the mesh, which is used in the DecalDeferredMesh?

In an attachment, a sample of my roads.

example.zip

Hello,

Your mesh should have less than 10000 polygons.

Can we receive some basic recommendations for various decals type? Especially all performance related hints/tips would be really useful:

https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/2186-terrain-path-approach/

It would be great to have more information of this type:

DecalDeferred* nodes calculate decal position based on depth value from the deferred buffer. So there is no real geometry rendered at all, therefore from performance standpoint DecalDeferred* nodes are the best choice (though they don't support instancing and each decal costs at least a DIP).