[SOLVED] grabber barks

photo

Thanks for the test scene, but we still can't reproduce this problem.

Please answer the following questions:
 - What kind of GPU and OS do you use?
 - Is the problem reproduced with mesh_stem_base and mesh_leaf_base materials?

And reproduction steps will surely helps us.

Thanks!

Thanks for the test scene, but we still can't reproduce this problem.

Please answer the following questions:

- What kind of GPU and OS do you use?

- Is the problem reproduced with mesh_stem_base and mesh_leaf_base materials?

And reproduction steps will surely helps us.

Thanks!

Geforce GTX 470, Windows 7. I am indeed using mesh_stem_base and mesh_leaf_base materials.

Hi,

There is an error in console log after assigning tree14_d.dds texture, the texture is assigned incorrectly and there was no leaves or no barks in viewport.

Please, try to reconvert the texture using imagedds tool.

Thanks!

Hello,

texture is actually OK, but it has only 2 mip maps (we are using 2 mip maps in some cases, because sometimes it gives better vegetation visual quality without significant performance drop). Drawback is, that it does not work under openGL (textures are not visible there, it probably need full mip maps). Anyway I tried to grab with "proper" texture and result is same, still no bark. I ve uploaded modifed texture + png source on ftp. Thanks!

Hello,
Still can't reproduce this issue.

What grabber do you use?
- Tools -> Grabber
- Tools -> Plugins -> Video_grabber
- video_grab console command

And please, check that Nodes -> Surfaces -> Viewport values are the same for both Bark and Leaf surfaces.

Thanks.

Upd. We reproduce this behavior and we work on it.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Grabber in impostor mode takes alpha channel straight from diffuse map regardless of alpha test in the material settings.

The way to fix this problem is not to use transparency in textures for barks.

Sorry for inconvenience.

I have no trasparency settings in bark material. Do you mean to not use alfa channel in bark texture (As you noticed, we are were often using one texture for leaves and bark)?

It is not depends on material settings.
If you want to use one texture for both bark and leaves you need to modify the texture for grabber so that you can see bark even alpha channel is enabled in bark material. That's what I mean.

Or you can use separate textures for barks with no alpha channel. So your textures will not be excess.

Thanks!