[SOLVED] Missing Files for New Mac Project

photo

Hi, we just downloaded the latest Mac SDK and tried to create a new project from the browser. Everything works fine, except that when we actually went to start the newly created project, our terminal report that we're missing:

"browser_x86.macos".

We cannot locate this file anywhere. We only found the "browser_x64.macos" inside the folder.

(and yes, we did try checking and unchecking the x86 and x64 options.)

And when we tried to open the "main_x86.macos", it said it's missing:

"bin/unigine.cfg"

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Hi, Warit

Please, do the next

- before creating the project make sure that you create it in the empty or in the new folder, where there are no files from old projects
- create New Project with "GUI-based settings configurator" option (checkbox in "Launchers" section on "New project" page)

If the error doesn't disappear after that, please send us launcher.sh script from this project.

Also, you can read more about engine startup here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/getting_started/command_line

Ok, script is correct.

Let's try to find out what's the problem.

- Folder structure in your generated project. Is there a "launcher.sh" file in <your_project> folder? And "browser_x64.macos" file in <your_project>/bin?
- What's your OS version?
- Please, print commands "uname" and "uname -m" in console and write the output.

Yes, we have launcher.sh which return:

iMac:~ XXX$ /XXX/XXX/launcher.sh ; exit;
/XXX/XXX/launcher.sh: line 9: cd: ./bin: No such file or directory
/XXX/XXX/launcher.sh: line 17: ./browser_x86.macos: No such file or directory

(XXX is our project name, can't share this sorry.)

We also have browser_x64.macos in the /bin.

uname returns "Darwin"
uname -m returns "x86_64"

Our iMac is version 10.7.5.

Warit, thanks for detailed response and your patience.

For correct launch you need to start launcher.sh when being in <your_project> directory.
For example:

cd <your_project>
sh launcher.sh

Paths in script are relative, and cannot be resolved from another directory.

I was in my project folder. I just choose create from your browser and choose a directory without moving any files inside the created folder. I don't know why your script didn't link it correctly. Is it because I create the project folder outside of your application folder?

Having to go to console and write the path to the project every time myself defeat the purpose of having it as a shortcut though.. >.<