Editors for Unigine Script

photo

Currently I am Using KDevelop 4.1 It works really well. Sometimes I have to edit on Windows Boxen though and I would like to know what else is out there....

KDevelop-4.1

=============

Pluses

• Syntax Highlighting for Xml and C++ (works for Unigine script almost all the time)
  • Code completion for classes defined in included header files
  • Code completion for existing code (You get code completion for built in stuff after you type it in for the first time)
  • MultiTab/Multipane editing
  • Project and Class browser.
  • save and recall groups of files
  • Code snippits
  • Code refactorisation tools.

Minuses

• No Working Windows Build that I am aware of
  • No search and replace for all open files.
  • Automatically converts this. to this-> (which works for C++ but not unigine script)
  • won't open .ui files (this file extension is used by QT designer files - I am using .gui as an extension to get around this)

post-48-0-55931300-1290766480_thumb.jpg

We internally in Unigine use VIM (mainly) or Notepad++ (for those who can't handle VIM %)).

Both of these editors are free and available on Linux and Windows as well.

VIM: http://www.vim.org/

Notepad++: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I use notepad++ on windows but I really miss code auto-completion and the syntax highlighting. KDevelop is just a lot faster to code in. I could learn VIM but I don't think I am up for learning everything from scratch again.

I start from Microsoft Visual Studio Express Edition, than Notepad++... but really comfortable IDE for me is Eclipse Helios.

Implement KDevelop-4.1 pluses, and based on Java (cross-platform and free).

Minus: no highlighting for Xml (maybe need to install some plugin)

post-151-0-28642900-1291101228_thumb.jpg

I'm using KDevelop and I'm happy with it. :)

For search and replace the good old shell is perfect.

I tested kdevelop some weeks ago within windows, I had no problems with it.

Just installed with the kde-win-installer.

A Unigine plugin would be very nice for kdevelop integration (for some missing stuff/other behavior of unigine script).

I started a while ago with a basic implementation, when someone want to help with the plugin let it me know.

I'm using KDevelop and I'm happy with it. :)

For search and replace the good old shell is perfect.

I tested kdevelop some weeks ago within windows, I had no problems with it.

Just installed with the kde-win-installer.

A Unigine plugin would be very nice for kdevelop integration (for some missing stuff/other behavior of unigine script).

I started a while ago with a basic implementation, when someone want to help with the plugin let it me know.

Ok It wasn't working last time I checked - so good to know... and yes I would be happy to help you develop a plugin :)

Ok It wasn't working last time I checked - so good to know... and yes I would be happy to help you develop a plugin :)

I'm gladly to hear that. Until the end of the year not much time, but I try over Christmas to adjust the source code and set up a small git server.

I send a PN then to you with the login information when the stuff is ready.