Unigine SDK 2013-07-12: PhysicalNoise, Material for Tracks and Chains

photo

PhysicalNoise Object

A new object - PhysicalNoise, based on the volumetric noise texture, allows to simulate a force field affecting particles and objects with spatial 3D noise.

A force field for the objects or the falling precipitations (rain, snow etc) is not static and isn't affected only by gravitation and wind direction. There is also a distribution flow, specifying the force and the displacement direction for the object at each point of the force field.

noise disabled  130712_noise_disabled.jpg noise enabled 130712_noise_enabled.jpg

It can be applied either to Particle objects or Physics bodies. To create PhysicalForce field for objects, use new PhysicalNoise node. As of particles, a new Noise visualizer in ObjectParticle node has been added to handle particles noises (a force, created with the PhysicalNoise node will affect particles as well).

Two samples on physical noise have been added:

1. ParticleNoise: data/samples/objects/particles_13.
  2. PhysicalNoise: data/samples/physicals/noise_00.

Render

• Ambient emission and post-processing glow option has been implemented to grass_base materials.
  • The first frame of a world splash screen will be rendered before the world script compilation to avoid a black screen pause.
  • A Detail option with the Overlay and Multiply rendering modes has been implemented to decal_base and decal_deferred_base materials.
  • Added Linearity parameter for AppProjection plugin, it allows to control non-linear image distribution over a screen.
  • ObjectTerrain coarse textures can now be edited in run-time.
  • Added new mesh_chain_base material (useful for caterpillar tractors and tanks). This material interpolates successive bone transformations and can be used for fast tracks rendering without CPU side transformation calculations.
  • Added three samples with new mesh_chain_base material: data/samples/materials/meshes/chain_*.

130712_chain.jpg   130712_chain_2.jpg

GUI

• setMaxWidth/getMaxWidth() and setMaxHeight/getMaxHeight() functions allow to modify size parameters for the WidgetWindow.
  • Added per widget vertical and horizontal font offset parameters.
  • Added a wrapper for Widgets::SpinBox widget.

C++ API

• Added access to checksum algorithms (CRC32, MD5) via the Unigine::Checksum interface.
  • Added an addFrame() function to Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinned class.
  • Added an addEmptySurface() function to Unigine::ObjectMesh/ObjectMeshSkinned/Mesh/MeshSkinned classes. This function allows to create an empty surface with the specified number of vertices and indices.
  • A setTransform() function for Unigine::Mesh/ObjectMesh classes has been renamed into the setSurfaceTransform().
  • A setTransform() function has been added to Unigine::MeshSkinned and Unigine::ObjectMeshSkinned classes.
  • quickSort functions have been added to C++ API.
  • Added a getFD() function to Unigine::Socket class. It allows to return a socket file descriptor.
  • New Unigine::Compress (for run-time zlib compression/decompression) and Unigine::Resource (for handling ASCII string-based .resource files for embedding into the binary) classes have been implemented.
  • Added access to engine plugins API.
  • Added access to the MeshSkinned object bones offset matrices.
  • Added access to raw Unigine::Image data.

UnigineScript

• Added ivec3/ivec4 types for const int* casting.
  • If an expression is removed, the namespace will be cleared automatically, so there will be no more "NameSpace::NameSpace(): maximum namespace number is 65535" error. Therefore, the number of opcode mnemonics is also reduced owing to a correct expression removal.
  • A world.getIntersection() function is now available with three arguments. It returns the list of potentially intersected objects, which thereafter can be used to get more precise intersection.
  • Functions for easy XML data and arguments settings/getting have been implemented: Xml.setArg(), Xml.getArg(), Xml.setData() and Xml.getData().
  • Image pixels can be initialized from/to the Buffer.
  • Async class will produce errors if the arguments are of external classes.
  • Added ObjectMeshSkinned.setFrameBoneTransformEnabled() and ObjectMeshSkinned.setBufferBoneTransformEnabled() functions for a per-bone animation blending.

Tools

• 3ds Max plugins save settings per-scene now.
  • ImageDDS tool now supports ETC1 and ETC2 texture compressions formats separately. ETC1 mode should be selected for current OpenGL ES 2.0 generation.
  • Migration to the new FBX SDK 2014.1 version.
  • FBX and COLLADA import plugins now support huge number of bones per vertex without problems.
  • Independent import of FBX animation files has been added.
  • Vertical orientation of the projection plugins border parameters has been fixed.
  • Landscape plugin can now generate normal maps based on height map data.
  • An error with wrong object body assignment has been fixed in UnigineEditor.

Mobile Platforms

• Improved iOS logging. All the messages are passed via NSLog function and can be read inside the XCode Organizer Console.
  • A crash with wrong vertex buffer object in GLESFfp rendering code has been fixed.

Documentation

• Script Debugging article update: added information on per-function breakpoints.
  • Updated UnigineEditor interface article.
  • Added documentation on some engine plugins: Autodesk, Collada, OpenFlight, Interface.
  • Full update on the materials base.

Other

• A PS3Ffp can now be used with perspective transformations.
  • A render manager bug has been fixed - it will never print error messages more than one time if the texture has been removed or renamed.
  • data/samples/shaders/lines_00 sample can now work under Direct3D9.
  • WebGL builds are almost production ready.

Download links

All files can be found in "Downloads" section of the portal: https://developer.unigine.com/fileserver/index

• Like 1

Hi,

If I create new project including the network plugin, it can not run....Do I miss something?

the network demos can not run too.

post-826-0-26133500-1373764894_thumb.png

post-826-0-70519900-1373764903_thumb.png

@anton Just one thing about crypt demo, if you are using Unigine WebGL on windows, there are some browser limitation with the number of uniform shader, if you have only the particles visible, you need to modify the core shader for have less of 256 uniform shader.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

Sorry, but we can't reproduce such behavior on our test Windows 7 machines.

Maybe you have previous installed SDKs on this PC? If so, please, try to remove them and launch browser again.

Also, please check the MD5 hash of downloaded installer for Windows:

• Correct MD5 hash for Source SDK 2013-07-12: e3d62522a4923eacb88fc06deaa3929d

• Correct MD5 hash for Binary SDK 2013-07-12: c8eee34e936eb29ba911604bc6d29299

If MD5 hashes is not matching, please redownload the installer and try to install SDK again. 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Silent,

I just removed the older installations of Unigine and it still gives me the same error

I dont think we used the installer as normally we download the zip file or whatever it is

Any other clues what might be causing it?

**EDIT**

Now I get a different error, I noticed there were some older SDK related things installed so I uninstalled them

post-509-0-20317200-1375780067_thumb.jpg

Hi Rob,

This is strange.

Few more questions:

1. Do you have any antivirus software installed?
  2. Did you installed any software recently (maybe some drivers updates or windows updates)?
  3. Can you check SDK browser on another computer?
  4. Can you check SDK browser launching on windows with "Clean Boot"? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also it would be good to know system configuration. To do this:

1. Press Win+R keys.
  2. In Run window paste this line to the Open field:

dxdiag

3. Press Enter key. DirectX Diagnostic Tool will opened.
  4. Press 'Save All Information...' button and save log file to the Desktop.
  5. Attach this log file to your respond.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Rob,

This is strange.

Few more questions:

1. Do you have any antivirus software installed?
  2. Did you installed any software recently (maybe some drivers updates or windows updates)?
  3. Can you check SDK browser on another computer?
  4. Can you check SDK browser launching on windows with "Clean Boot"? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also it would be good to know system configuration. To do this:

1. Press Win+R keys.
  2. In Run window paste this line to the Open field:

dxdiag

3. Press Enter key. DirectX Diagnostic Tool will opened.
  4. Press 'Save All Information...' button and save log file to the Desktop.
  5. Attach this log file to your respond.

Thanks!

1. I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, but even booting without it being started I still get the error

2. Just the windows updates and the virus scanner are updated recently

3. At the moment I dont have another computer to test it on, will get back to you on this tomorrow

4. It still doesnt boot after a clean boot, now I get back the first error I posted

I attached my dxdiag log

Strange thing is the older version still does work, only the latest one gives me the error

I tried removing and everything but it keeps giving me the first error

DxDiag.txt

I got the sdk to work, we just downloaded a fresh copy and now it works

So something must have gone wrong while copying/downloading the files

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the trouble!

WebGL Test:

I tried to make the webgl run on nightly firefox. It looks everything is good until i try to load a level in samples.

it's a opengles error. Anything i missed?

here is the log from the browser.

Unigine~# world_load samples/animation/animation_00
Loading "samples/animation/animation_00.cpp" 2831ms
Loading "samples/animation/common/animation.mat" 7 materials 60ms
Loading "samples/animation/animation_00.world" 68ms
RenderRenderer::render_deferred_queries(): shader is NULL
Unigine~# render_use_queries 0
OpenGLES error: invalid enum

EDIT: Ok it got it working after modify the shader.
  • 5 months later...

We are trying to get an example of Webgl working but it appears that some key files are missing from the binary SDK.  Is it possible that those could be included in the zip.

Thanks