Extended functionality for decals

photo

Hello,

in addition to the posts about the new decals I have a suggestion re. an extended alpha mask functionality.

Especially when using it for designing larges terrains, I think it will be useful to have more flexibility for the shapes of the decals.

Tiling and alpha channels already bring in good functionality. In fact it would make sense, to add a second alpha mask functionality to combine, and to use this for defining the overall shape of the decal.

Attached I have added an image, to visualize the idea. (i think, that there are a lot of cases where this makes sense.?)

Basically it is:

UV Channel 0 = Diffuse, SM, NM etc. with a tileable functionality to create the details and cover larger areas with fine, detailled textures.

UV Channel 1 = The additional alpha texture, which is combined (mul) with the alpha uv 0. This uv 1 also can have tileable functionality, but mainly is thought for creating the overall shape of the decal.

Please let me know if this makes sense, also for you.

We would be very pleased, if this would be implemented as it would definitely extend the possibilities for designing terrains (not only ..).

Thank you.

Werner

post-767-0-67672600-1366879051_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Different deferred decals texture mixing options (overlay/multiply) and different second texture coordinate transformation will solve your request.