Reload changed Material

photo

Hello,

I found the decal_base material, inherited a material to my library, saved my library.

All works fine.

When I am editing mylibrary.mat file and I want to reload the material in the editor, I have to:

1. close the editor

2. open the editor

3. load the world

4. move the camera to my object

Is this the way to go? Reloading the editor, and reloading the scene via the keys (backspace and u) doesnt do the trick.

Edit: This behavior appeared when I edited the wrap state from wrap="clamp" to wrap="wrap". But wrap="wrap" is and unknown state, so it seems that the state is undefined?

In the parent material "decal_base" the wrap state is "clamp" which in the undefined state does not have an effect any more.

Where can I find the valid states for the wrap parameter?

Edit: Ok, I found it out wrap="" is valid and seems to replace the base material without errors.

Still I have to do the 1-4 procedure to get the updated material.

Edit: when changing the texture of the material which I have edited before, the wrap mode i have set in the .mat file (in a texteditor) also disappears, so I have to set it manually in the .mat file again.

Is this the way to do it?

I guess if I want to have 2 different materials one with wrap the other with clamp, it makes more sense to inherit the property from a parent material as otherwise it is quite exhausting editing the .mat each time.

So basically, the editor overwrites the .mat file. ic.

best.

w.