[WONTFIX, deprecated] Issue in InterfaceWindow as child window

photo

Hello,

I have extended InterfaceWindow class such that I create an child window rather than a popup one, so that the window created acts according to it's parent window. Have just added window style as WS_CHILD

It has caused an issue, where for, INTERFACE_FRAME option, there is lot of flickering occurring that is, the frame refresh for child window and parent is overlapping and I am unable to view the content of child window properly.

This only occurs for windows (CreatWindowEx) but works fine for Linux (XCreateWindow).

Thanks

You won't notice the flickering as the screenshot is not able to capture this issue and the flicker very high.

I found that this issue occurs only for Windows 7 Basic & Windows Classic Theme (Basic & High Contrast Theme), but work quiet well for other themes. I am using Windows 7 Enterprise on 64-bit OS

I will provide you the sample in a day or two, but a quick replication would occur if you do following step

In InterfaceWindow.cpp replace the line

// window style
style = WS_POPUP;     to     style = WS_CHILD;

Rebuild this InterfaceWindow DLL and Change the windows theme to Basic Windows Classic. Now load this DLL in Interface sample in SDK

I found the solution, the application window (AppWindow) has not been set with WS_CLIPCHILDERN style flag, as a result flickering is caused.

If the flag is set than, I think the problem would be solved.

@manguste: Can this be confirmed that it is the cause & solution!