[SOLVED] Reflection2D_base with specular

photo

Hi,

How to ensure that the reflection of objects is well translated in terms of lighting (light + specular objects )?

In the following screenshot, we see objects illuminated by the sun, whose reflections are logical, but the objects in the background that do not have specular, have their reflections that contain specular.

post-693-0-51269000-1363359146_thumb.jpg

This may sound stupid, but are you sure you are editting the material that is assigned to the floor? I can setup a similar scene and show/hide the lighting covered by shadows in my reflection using the shadow tick box, although I did have dynamic reflections set as well. You can always post a minimal test scene if you can't get it working so others can reproduce it.

Ok, thanks for your help Carl.

Yes, I have a "ground" material inherit from mesh_reflection_2d_base and applied to mesh named "ground".

In material states, I ticked "Dynamical' map size in 2048, "Shared' and "Shadow'. And always the same problem.

In attached file, there is my test scene.

test.zip

your normals are backwards on the wall.

you have 2-sided checked on the walls material.

this usually causes some kind of incorrect lighting.

even though you have 2 sided checked, the sun is shading/shadowing the bollards correctly, but not their reflections.

(check and uncheck the 2 sided flag - you will see at least why the reflections look the way they do)

try a thin box for shadow casting.

Unigine: is this correct behaviour?

Thanks for your help Nat, I updated my test scene using your advices :

- thin box for walls with normals well oriented,

- material for walls checking/unchecking "2 sided", same results.

Finally, no difference with previous test scene, same problems with bollards reflections.

Could you take a screenshot If you have good reflections please ?

test_02.zip

Fabrice,

Shadow not working in reflections is a bug, our QA department confirmed it.

And just a hint: it's much better to use Environment texture lighting rather than Ambient color one if you want bollards in the shadow to look shaped. I mean, now they have capes:

post-13-0-48991100-1363602234_thumb.jpg