[SOLVED] Add time support for Tracker

photo

I would like to suggest the option to change Tracker from FRAME to TIME intervals.

I use the tracker to script sequences. Now if i'm 90 FPS in the Editor it plays like i want it.

Then i use FRAPS to record at 30 FPS framelimited - and everything moves 3 times slower, plus movement is inconsistent if you have FPS drops (it looks funny, but not really a help for sequences)

If you would implement the option to tell the Tracker to work with seconds instead of frames, that would be great!

I'd be happy if you could give a short feedback on this asap.

Maybe there is a hack available or possible, which also would be great. As we want to move in early april on kickstarter and would profit from some nice scenes.

Thank you

something like the following

float pos = 0.f;

void update() {
   pos += engine.game.getIFps();
   if(pos >= track.getMaxTime()) {
     // handle end of track
   } else {
     track.blend(pos);
   }
}

and you want to set the following while capturing 

engine.game.setIFps(rcp(25));

which means that the game advances exactly 1/25th of a second between frames.

you can capture with the following 

engine.console.setInt("video_extension",[image format]); 
Image image;
engine.render.renderImage2D(player.getProjection(),player.getModelview(),frame,width,height,player.getPostMaterials(),RENDER_HDR_DISABLED);
image.convertToFormat(IMAGE_FORMAT_RGB8);
image.save(outfile,1.f);
delete image;

or use engine.console.run("video_grab"); if you want the ui elements

Danni, thanks for sharing!

There's also a simpler way you can check out: we've got an editor plugin to grab Tracker-controlled scenes. It can be found in Tools -> Plugins -> Core -> tools/video_grabber.cpp.

well i tested this, i got 200 png files, Screenshots. Is that correct?

Maybe you miss understood, but i want to record my tracker with a fixed amount of FPS as a movie containing motion images and sound.

Until you answer we try something different:

- 1. use the 'y' key core plugin to switch view to engine.game.player

- 2. then use the 'v' key core plugin to hide the interface

- 3. as last record with FRAPS. Important: the engine fps count for calculation has the same amount then the fixed frame count in FRAPS. This prevents the engine from run different tracker speed

I will update you with the results and maybe write a little guide in return for the help already provided in this topic.

Thank you

Pascal,

Yes, that's right. We provide only grabbers that output still images: they can be feed to most video editors (for example, VirtualDub) to be composed into a movie. You can also use FRAPS or hardware capturers.

Will wait for your results!

Pascal,

Yes, that's right. We provide only grabbers that output still images: they can be feed to most video editors (for example, VirtualDub) to be composed into a movie. You can also use FRAPS or hardware capturers.

Will wait for your results!

ok

yep with the fps limitation on calculations (30fps) and fraps limiting to 30fps the tracker should run synchronous as long as i don't drop below 30 fps. What shouldn't happen given the fact we have around 80 fps mostly.

If you want to know it a bit more specific: We're scripting Tracker scenes to provide in-game previews of the features we plan to integrate in the game.

So the Results will be available in mid April, combined with our kickstarter campaign.

Similiar like the scenes from EIN Showcase. However "more" in the variety. We will show previews from Realtime fighting and physical blocking up to Siege warfare, crafting, gathering, building editor and so on.

For my part the topic here is solved. Thanks for the clarification on the grabber funtion.