[SOLVED] mask rotation

photo

Why is necessary to rotate vegetation masks, spatial noice masks etc? Not only around Y axis like height maps and diffuse maps (fortunately there is check box for this during import), but also for X axis? It is very confusing and after some time you are completly lost what was rotated and how. Wouldnt be better to unite this?

Are you sure that there is an x-axis flip ? This shouldn't be the case.

BTW you could use this script code also for visualization of your grass mask to validate the x-axis-flip (of course needs some small adoption for ObjectGrass mask image visualization). Maybe this will help to track down the reason for your issues.

I ve made simple test and it is confirmed, clutter masks and color noice mask for grass is (must be) flipped around x axis:

http:/www.endor.cz/demo/cluttermask.jpg

I ve put big boulder to 0,0,0. Notice, that mask for that arrow is rotated around axis x.

http:/www.endor.cz/demo/colornoice.jpg

Same with the spatial noise for grass.

So to have identical look as in photoshop/3rd party terrain editor, we have to flip diffuse and height map around axis Y (via check box), clutter masks and grass spatial noise must by flipped manualy in Photoshop around X axis.

Reproduction si very simple, create clutter mask, start painting in 0,0 and you will see, that mask is flipped. Bug? Intention?

We have found the same issue with all maps, heightmaps, clutter, diffuse. It has always been the default that the masks work like they are meant to be projected from below.

I wish this could have been address a long time ago, so that what you see in photoshop and other mapping software (and more than likely World Machine) is projected in the same orientation in Unigine by default. Now there is finally flip tick boxes on some maps, but not others. Is there a reason the default is not the same an any imaging program??

We do understand your concern, but changing how texture coordinates are mapped at this point of engine development would mean changing ALL projects done on Unigine, for everybody. Too much blood to spill. I'm afraid we can't let that happen.

Adding an additional Flip option for textures is much less painful. So the question to all of you is: Where is it still lacking? If you can point this out, we can try to implement this.

• 2 weeks later...