[SOLVED] FBX Support

photo

FBX file format is Autodesk proprietary and introduces dependency on proprietary C++ SDK, while COLLADA (*.dae) is managed by a nonprofit technology consortium and uses open XML format.

UNIGINE already supports DAE import of static mesh geometry. DAE import of skinned mesh geometry and possibly animations is currently missing.

FBX file format is Autodesk proprietary and introduces dependency on proprietary C++ SDK, while COLLADA (*.dae) is managed by a nonprofit technology consortium and uses open XML format.

True. Anyway I gave up on collada very fast, it was pain in the ass, lots of problems. FBX proved as most universal and "stable" format.

Anyway I gave up on collada very fast, it was pain in the ass, lots of problems

Well, this seems to be the fate of most universal data exchange formats trying to handle all possible variations of source formats. in the end the resulting complexity leads to all kind of incompatibilities due to slightly different or incomplete vendor implementations.

Well, this seems to be the fate of most universal data exchange formats trying to handle all possible variations of source formats. in the end the resulting complexity leads to all kind of incompatibilities due to slightly different or incomplete vendor implementations.

Exactly. So from my point of view collada support makes not much sense, FBX does.