Unigine embeded in browser with npapi

photo

Some of you might known of npapi, it works on Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera, So I want to try to create a web player for unigine. Well I have to say, opera's npapi was worst, but in others, it works almost no problem, and, of course, no problem at all in firefox.

post-49-0-77959800-1336721795_thumb.jpg

Works in chrome

post-49-0-87167400-1336721817_thumb.jpg

works in safari

post-49-0-71990500-1336721806_thumb.jpg

works in firefox.

can't test it in opera, because I don't know why opera just don't let me release the mouse capture, once plugin got mouse capture, then magic happens, you can not move your mouse anywhere... and it won't accept any keyborad interaction.

• Like 1

WebPlayer for Unigine will be great in the official SDK. Steve i see just windows pictures, you try on OSX ?

I rememeber when i worked on web player for unigine, npapi work well for Safari/Chrome/Firefox/Opera on osx. The activex for IE work well too but betwween ie6 and other there is little difference.

Anyway, nice job.

As I said npapi is working great on ff/chrome/safari except opera, it's definitely opera's problem, I didn't use firebreath, it still have some bug or feature not implement, today I started working on activex, almost done except auto loading the data attribute in object tag.

As for other platform, I can only test it under linux, I don't have a Mac system to develop. But npapi was cross platfrorm, it's easy to make it work under Mac if it works under Linux, right?

Yes I use directx and OpenGL directly in npapi, so without modification, the plugin won't even load under winxp, because it can't load dx10/11

• 3 weeks later...

@All

Looks cool (kudos to steve3d!) but sorry, for now our position stays the same. Adding web payer support is not planned in the near future.