integrate Unigine::CameraPath into editor to preview and rendering image sequece

photo

I think many people want this to be integrated into editor to easily create cinematics from exported camera animation.

I've created a patch to do this, because we often need to create animation videos from our scenes, coding the world script is a pain in ass everytime.

post-49-0-96496400-1335590740_thumb.jpg

see the result, no need to explain every option there. just use it :D

and the patch file.

camera_path.rar

Hope unigine team will make this a standard feature of editor.

BTW, it seems setting engine.game.setIFps won't work when editor is loaded.

• Like 2

Steve, thank you for sharing!

BTW, it seems setting engine.game.setIFps won't work when editor is loaded.

Can't reproduce it. In samples it works whether the editor is loaded or not.

updated the patch, fix:

1. removed dds file format, because no video editing software can read this file format
  2. only render rgb32f when select hdr as file format
  3. make preview duration same as specified length, so you can preview the real animation length

camera_path_v2.rar

hope this feature also integrate into Track editor, and make track editor also support CameraPath.

• 9 months later...

Hi.

Is it possible to play an animation in order to record it with your tool.

I mean. i have doors rotating when camera go through. Animation is made with a track, but it doesnt' play when I click pay and launch the grabber. It works in preview mode, but not in the capture mode.

Please, answer me, I am stuck with this problem.

Thanks for this !

2 Questions:

A) How do you save your external paths? We did this with a script we coded that takes a camera and all it's childs and creates the camera path txt file with that - but maybe you have a more.. visual routine?

B) Is it possible that when you play this, that tracker also starts? For example when i want to record a scene that uses elements moved by tracker (think it's what laurent vidal needs also)

cheers

for question a, we use a python script to export camera path from softimage, the exported file are written with CameraPath file format.

B), no, when I wrote this, the Tracker are still in development, or at least is not finished like now, so no Track support.