[SOLVED] bug when editing node reference

photo

This bug only appeared in 2012-02-26 version, reproduce steps:

1. click edit in a node reference
  2. add a ObjectMesh, whatever as a child or root node
  3. delete old root node, so there is only new created objectmesh as root object
  4. click apply, console says "Reference::apply_clicked(): root nodes: 0 free nodes:1" can't apply.

sorry, but fix won't be till the next update for sure. But we'll try to put it in the next SDK (as usual, ETA is somewhere near the end of the month)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

finally this is solved in 2012-06-14 version, but it still have another problem, the root node's transform is not always right, step to show the problem:

1. add a NodeReference in scene and don't set this node to world center, just anywhere in scene.
  2. go to edit reference mode
  3. delete the current root node and create anything new as root node.
  4. set this new root node to zero position(clicking the X button besides the position values)
  5. hit apply reference.

at this time of course I want to set the root node inside the reference have no offset, and it's position are set by the NodeReference's position, but after you edit this NodeReference again, this root node have same position with NodeReference, this is totally wrong. you need to reset it's position again, then this time, the root node finally don't have any offset.

This is really annoy problem, one NodeReference will need two edit to set to my needs.

Steve,

If I hit apply after resetting a new root node position to zero, there is no offset: Noderef local coordinates zero and mesh coordinate zero match.

I can't get quite clear what you want. Could you describe it in more detail?

strange, Mine always have a offset, did you tried with this? delete the old root, make it a empty, and then add a new root node?

This is what exactly I'm doing, after click apply after adding this new root node, it always have a offset...

problem still exists, I don't know why you can't reproduce it, the real step:

1. open demos/heaven with editor
  2. place a new NodeReference into the scene, for example select demos/heaven/nodes/barrel.node and place anywhere in scene
  3. select the new NodeReference and edit,
  4. delete any ObjectMesh in thsi NodeReference, make the reference contain nothing in it
  5. place a new ObjectMesh, select what ever .mesh file into the NodeReference
  6. in node tab of nodes editor, set the new placed object to zero postion/rot/scale by click the X button besides the transfrom
  7. hit apply to apply the change to nodeReference,
  8. at this time, this new created NodeReference should appear at the right position of step 2, but it's not, if you edit the NodeReference agian, you will see the ObjectMesh has transform again.

So this is my problem. for every nodeReference, if I use above steps, Then I need to set 2 times for a correct transform.