Terrain masks

photo

Проблема № 1 - большая.

Объясните, пожалуйста, как сделать так, чтобы верхний слой маски террейна не смешивался, а закрывал нижний слой?

Иначе при редактировании одного канала приходится править все остальные.

Про рисование масок средствами движка знаю, но в нашем случае фотошоп будет работать быстрее (наш мир - 16*16 км) и удобнее (наличие разных кистей).

Есть 4 материала - сверху вниз - красный, зеленый, синий и желтый.

Есть 4 канала у маски RGBA - красный, зеленый, синий и альфа.

Хочу, чтобы ниже всех был желтый материал, выше - синий, еще выше - зеленый и на самом верху - красный.

Смешивания материалов, равно как и ручной корректировки нижележащих слоев, не хочу.

Старая система с маской из 16 альфа-каналов была, возможно, и не очень удобна, но гораздо легче поддавалась редактированию.

Есть ли какие-либо существенные препятствия к тому, чтобы сделать маску террейна не из 4х каналов RGBА, а из N-ого (если не 10-20, то хотя-бы те-же 4) количества альфа-каналов?

Проблема № 2 - маленькая.

При импорте карты высоты и маски происходит зеркалирование по одной из осей - это видно на картинке.

------------------------

Problem number 1 - big.

Please tell us how to make the top layer masks terrane do not mix, and covered the bottom layer?

Otherwise, when you edit one channel has to rule all others.

About painting masks means the engine know, but in this case Photoshop will run faster (and our world - 16 * 16 km) and convenient (the presence of different hands).

There are 4 of the material - from the top down - red, green, blue and yellow.

There are 4 channels in the mask RGBA - Red, green, blue and alpha.

I want to lower all had yellow stuff above - blue, is even higher - and green at the top - red.

Mixing materials, as well as manual adjustment of the underlying layers, do not want.

The old system with a mask of 16 alpha-channel was probably not very useful, but much easier to yield to editing.

Are there any major obstacles to making the mask terrane not out 4 channels RGBA, and the N-th (if not 10-20, that though, would be those-4) of the alpha channel?

Problem number 2 - a little.

When you import height maps and masks are mirrored on an axis - you can see in the picture.

post-93-085347100 1286734417_thumb.jpg

Hi! I encountered a similar problem (as problem № 1) on 8X8km terrain.

I took the old 16 patch mask and reduced it to 4 by 'quizzing' information from patches in each channel into 1. In my case they roughly corresponded to 4 materials: tile = R, stone = G, sand = B, grass = Alpha. Next I arranged materials in redactor the same order - tile on top, then stone, and - so on...

After export I encountered a blending problem possibly similar to described by alexey.korneev - materials in some overlapping areas were not visible. Then I removed all overlapping areas in channels in Photoshop and exported the mask again.

It worked for now. Nevertheless it is definitely not a perfect solution. Removing overlaps is simple and fast for a terrain all at once, but for editing 1024 chunks of 8x8 km terrain where each chunk contains a different set of materials does not look simple.

It would be great if developers could provide comprehensive instructions on editing and export terrain from external applications.

problem № 2 - try mirror images vertical before export from Photoshop.