any ide for scripting with autocomplete ?

photo

Here's a newer version...

This one is set up for KDevelop (Which I fully reccomend by the way)...

If you want it to work more generally

try replacing

#ifdef IN_IDE_PARSER

with

#ifndef IN_UNIGINE

and then run unigine with --extern_define IN_UNIGINE

some IDEs like eclipse let you add files with linking to them in the project so you may not need to do this. Check your editors documentation - but the above trick will work for anything.

uniginescript.h

• Like 2

I know that it's newbie question but I'm not an programmer, but I would love to check how unigine script is working:

- How can I configure kdevelop project to use with unigine script project. I know that there is an .h file but how to use it? :)

1. place the file somewhere in your Unigine data folder. (for this example the scripts folder)
  2. create a new project in KDevelop in your Unigine Data folder

Project -> Open / Import Project

3. choose a .cpp file or .h file (in this example level.cpp where level is the name of a level you have created)
  4. Add the following to the top of the file

#include <scripts/uniginescript.h>

KDevelop will draw a squiggly red line under this line and will if you mouse over you will get a tooltip explaining that it cannot find the file.
    At the bottom of the tooltip there is a button that opens a menu. The menu will have one item

Add Custom Include Path

. click on this

5. At the bottom of this dialog there is a place to put custom include paths. You need to enter the location of your data folder from the root of the filesystem to data/ (in my case)

/home/danni/projects/ai3d/UnigineSDK-binary-2012-02-26/ai3drealtime-4.3/data/

. Typically you can copy this path from the storage path entry at the top.

if I haven't left anything out, you should be good to go

• Like 1

I think KDevelop is not cross platform really.

Your Engine is really great and cross platform but i think your IDE also should be cross platform too...

Please look at my suggestion here:

https://developer.un...eclipse-plugin/

Eclipse is Cross platform as your engine does.

KDevelop is just happens to be what I use; I wrote the uniginescript.h file so I could have autocomplete in it.

Andrzej asked me how to set up KDevelop hence the instructions.

You can use just about any other IDE with a small amount of work which you would know if you read my earlier posts.

I think that eclipse allows you to add files to a project without having to explicitly include them you might need to remove the #ifdef IN_IDE_PARSER and #endif lines

This is only a hunch since I don't use eclipse myself.