[SOLVED] 3dMax 2012 SP3

photo

I am trying just a basic export of mesh with 3dMax 2012 SP3 and 3dMax pops an application error "An error has occured and the application will now close" when exporting using Unigine plugin?

All my other no Unigine exporters and software run fine in 3dMax 2012 SP3

Does the Unigine exporter work with sp3?

This was working fine with 3Dmax2012 with out service pack? Can you let me know, anyway will rollback SP3 and test over the weekend.

Cheers,

Cory

Max2012 sp2 works with Unigine export mesh.

FYI - I can replicate an issue which crashes the exporter we have proven this on multiple machines.

In Max2012 create a basic box then you use the 3Dmax send to Mudbox then in mudbox edit mesh then update link which sends new mudbox edit back to max then export to unigine and the exporter will fail.

Fix –
Run 3dMax2012 in Administrator mode, so far this has resolved the issue. Also, running (win7 64bit UAC on - Max2012sp2, mudbox 2012sp3, FBX 2012.2)
  • 2 months later...

Same problem with 2012 64bit. It works until you close max, and then after max is restarted it has an error everytime.

Running as administrator didnt fix it.

This works for me:

Remove Unigine plugins from its installation directory and start 3DS Max. Close the application.

Copy Unigine plugins again and restart 3DS Max. It should work again.

I created two .bat files to automate this process ;)

Anyway, it would be nice if Unigine team could spend some time to fix this problem.

• 4 weeks later...