[SOLVED] .ogg sound file is not working in editor.

photo

Hi guys,

I am messing around sound from last few days.

If I am not wrong I read somewhere in manual that unigine does support ".wav", ".oga" and ".ogg".

I am trying to play ".ogg" sound files but it's not working at all. looks like it's playing or doing something in background but I can't hear any sound, while ".oga" samples are working fine.

If ".ogg" is not supported or not working, would you recommend converter which convert known sound formats ( .mp3, .ogg, .wav, etc ) to .oga format which works fine with editor.

BTW, I could not attach any .ogg file here bcoz I got message "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" ? :)

Thanks,

rakeshj.

• 6 years later...

Hello @t.coursey,

Could you please clarify the specifications of the file you are using. If it's possible, sample would be great. 
Also in 2.7.2.1 you no longer need to rename .ogg files, engine works both with .ogg and .oga extensions.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hello @t.coursey,

Could you please clarify the specifications of the file you are using. If it's possible, sample would be great. 
Also in 2.7.2.1 you no longer need to rename .ogg files, engine works both with .ogg and .oga extensions.

Thank you!

@vvvaseckiy I have it working now.  Not sure what it was...  I did make sure the new files are Mono as I heard from Morbid that the attenuation does not work with Stereo files.  I may have been seeing something with that.  Thanks!