Capturing the OpenAL output within Unigine

photo

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.15.1/code/command_line?rlang=cpp#sound_app

At the moment, we use Virtual Audio Cable to simulate a sound card on AWS servers, and pipe that to OBS for video capture and stream origination. We'd like, if possible, to remove that OBS dependency. We have already integrated Gstreamer so it's no trouble to capture and stream the video but I don't see a method of capturing sound. Do you have any suggestions?

angus

I'm not quite sure that I've entirely understand your use-case. You want to capture openal sound output from the engine side using engine API? In that case yes, there is no such methods to capture anything, only for playback.

Or you want to do something different?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

I'd like to join angus on this: we also have a need for audio and video streaming of a Unigine application over the network. Our goal would be to have some kind of Unigine farm where users could just connect through a simple browser or a VLC stream.

@angus Would you care to elaborate how you managed to stream the video from a Unigine app? Can you share a bit of code? (I've no experience with Gstreamer)

Thanks!