Built-In Hotkey for Undo and Redo - switched?

photo

Hi,

This is not really a bug, but I think that the Hotkeys for Undo and Redo changed in the Unigine 2 [built in] Hotkey preset for 2.16 .

2.16: Undo (Crtl+Y), Redo (Crtl+Z)
I'm very sure that that it was the other way round in 2.15.1 : Undo (Crtl+Z) and Redo (Crtl+Y).

Since I can´t open both versions simultanously to be sure about it: Is this intentional or accidentally switched?
I will switch it for my projects, so no problem at all, but I am curious if it was intended or not.

Kind regards

ShadowZelda

Yep, the reason of this is that we refactored input system and moved to scan-code based hotkeys where physical key position remains the same across multiple layouts. And it seems that this approach is not the best one for some built-in Editor hotkeys. The preset itself is not changed.

Will see if we can fix this quick prior to the 2.16.1 release next month.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 3 weeks later...

As a partial fix in 2.16.1 we introduced QWERTZ built-in preset. Later in 2.17 it would be loaded automatically on Editor start-up (this option can be disabled). Hotkeys management would be still based on scan codes.

image.png

QWERTZ preset remaps two buttons locations and even if you will change input language to Eng (QWERTY), Ctrl+Z would still be located at the exact same place where it located in QWERTZ keyboard.

We are also wondering how AZERTY users are using undo/redo, since if movement would be ZQSD (WASD) undo would be mapped to Ctrl+W. Don't know if that's common expected behavior or not :)

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, silent said:

As a partial fix in 2.16.1 we introduced QWERTZ built-in preset. Later in 2.17 it would be loaded automatically on Editor start-up (this option can be disabled). Hotkeys management would be still based on scan codes.

So to understand this, currently when I start up the editor with QWERTZ selected, it shows it as the selected preset, but you have to re-select it to actually get the undo keys switched. This will be automatic in the future or is this a bug?