Detail Material Distance scaling.

photo

What does influence the dropoff of the Detail Material Displacement, if there is any seperate method.

I see all the landscape settings, and they do what described.

I want to have the detail material displacement stay longer in the distance and have some control over it (inst there a tesselation disctance e.g for water aso...).

Best. Werner

Hello!

Werner, actually there is no way to have control over details displacement separately instead of adjusting their "Mask By Texel Size" on parameters tab (which is have set to "inf" by default) but you can to improve behavior globally by increasing overall LandscapeTerrain quality on settings tab.

So, everything is bound on actual texel size and if you want to have to stay detail material displacement longer you need to switch "Streaming" preset to "Custom" mode and adjust following parameters like:

Details Level By Angle (where higher value is better and have one of the most impact I guess)

Detail Compression (should be maxed out for sure)

Texel Size (less value is better but will affect performance)

Target Resolution (should be equal to the final screen resolution)

You can find more information on this settings by following link https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.16/objects/objects/terrain/landscape_terrain/details

Thanks!

1 hour ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Okay. Thank you.

This is what I did, and it looks fine. Just wondered. I guess the Terrain is an highlz optimiyed object.

Cheers. werner

You're welcome!

I want to mention that the geometry settings is also affect on that, so set it up to one of highest preset if possible. If that would be not enough for your then switch to custom mode and pay attention to such parameters as "Geometry Progression" and "Geometry Subpixel Reduction" where the last one has a lot of impact on actual displacement.

Thanks!