Unigine crashes a lot on editor

photo

Hi, so...

I'm trying to work with unigine 2.16 (community) but it crashes a lot. I can not work more than 20 minutes without a crash, i'm not even doing complicated things i'm starting to learn about the engine, testing the default map changing some materials, baking some probes, etc... It crashes mostly when i'm trying to bake a reflection probe, but also when i change some materials or when i move some meshes. I have unreal, unity, and other 3d programs with realtime render and i never had this problem before even when i know my laptop is low-mid end, I also deactivated every effect on the editor, like ssr, post processing effects and all those stuffs.

So what happened?

Well, my monitor goes black, i can not do anything, is like it is frozen and i have to restart my laptop every time.

Hi Miguel,

Baking requires a lot of GPU power and significant amount of VRAM in some cases. Can you tell us your system specs (OS / RAM / CPU / GPU model and driver version)?

Black screen and other symptoms may indicate that you have GPU driver crashes. You can try to increase TDR delay and install the latest GPU drivers for your model in order to check if that helps or not.

You can also significantly reduce RAM usage by UNIGINE Editor by disabling the microprofile tool:

image.png

More system memory will allow GPU driver to move more resources from VRAM and increase overall stability.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

5 hours ago, silent said:

More system memory will allow GPU driver to move more resources from VRAM and increase overall stability.

Hi Silent thanks for your fast reply.
My GPU is updated, tested again with the task manager opened and it does not look like is eating all my resources, the CPU was at 40% and the RAM was at 3-4 gb while i was working and the GPU was at 70-80% like i said before, i'm making really simple stuffs and without any effect. But i forgot to say: i turned off the auto bake option for reflection probes because it was kind of annoying xD but before that the reflection probes was working all right without causing any crash, Also i forgot to say that i downloaded and tested almost all the sample demos and they works perfectly without any crash, even the mars sample (which is impresive that demo runs on my laptop with all that poly number) Also, in my personal project i imported a fbx mesh and using some .tiff textures (if that gives you some idea why)

EDIT: about the TDR delay, i increased that some months ago.

My hardware:

CPU: i5 8000 series
GPU: gtx 1050 (driver version: 526.47)
RAM: 16 gb

Edited by Miguel-Alejandria

The more important here is the VRAM usage when you do baking, it can take all of the 2GB (or 4GB) of your GTX 1050 due to the overall big cubemaps and GGX mimaps that needs to be generated at once on GPU.

This amount of VRAM could be fine for the final applications, but during the development it may not always be enough.

If you can switch to at least GTX1060 6GB - it should improve Editor stability a lot.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: