Nub question from a Unreal/Unity user

photo

Hi, i'm "new" here, i'm checking some art demos and other more complicated things you have in the samples. I'm very interested in Unigine (i know about the existence of this GE from 2005 i think)

Now i have some nub and maybe obvious question that i did not find a clear answer on internet:

1 - can i make a racing game like gran turismo 4 for example with the community version? I'm asking this because i saw in the "High-Level Vehicle System" is only supported in the highest tier which also does not even have a price.

2 - is there a 3rd party visual tool or plugin to create GUI for Unigine? From what i understand Unigine does not have a visual tool for GUI (for example Unity have this very cool WYSIWYG UI creator for menu elements)

3 - I was playing with the fps template you have and watching a tutorial to create a simple fps game on unigine but everytime i change a value from a material, the engine start recopiling all the materials on the world and it takes at least 5 minutes, is kind of annoying, there is an option to stop the automatic process but is not really useful for an artist am i missing something? is there a way to do it just with the material i'm modifying?

Thanks and sorry for my english xD

Edited by miguel.alejandria

Hi Miguel,

1. You can implement your own car system on top of the already existing physical engine, there is no limitations or whatsoever applied. For a racing game that high-level system wouldn't fit anyway.
  2. We do have plans to uprade internal UI system somwhere in the next upcoming releases. At the meantime you can integrate any available 3rd party solution on a market for in-game UI, such as NoesisGUI / Coherent GT / ... In 2.16 we've added access to the D3D context that may be required for integration of 3rd party libs to the Community SDK API.
  3. I think you can just uncheck the big button at the top right corner that activates shaders recompilation (Precompile All Shaders):
    image.png

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent, thank you for your clear answers
1 - Ok good to know :)

2 - I'll check those thanks

3 - when i said "there is an option to stop the automatic process but is not really useful for an artist" i was talking about that option