Shader Graph and AA settings

photo

Hi

Is it possible to know within a material graph the AA settings?

More specifically, I'm trying to adjust the noise/alpha_test of a material because its appearance changes greatly depending on the SRAA being enabled or not (it can be fully invisible with SRAA enabled if I don't adjust the shader settings).

(Of course, I can adjust the shader parameters from the app code, but I feel it would be less error prone to do it from within the shader graph itself).

Thanks!

Hi Stephane,

We do not plan to expose SRAA settings into the Material Graph, only TAA is currently available in Material Graph.

Could you please send us this material (or materials) example that looks different with SRAA enabled? The issue may be related to the built-in default abstract materials not working correctly with noise or alpha test, so it's better to fix them instead.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Sure, Here is attached my material graph and the geometry used. I'm trying to enhance and fix the appearance of cable for power pylons. They need to be AlphaTest, as Alpha blending wouldn't work correctly with clouds and other alpha fx (smoke). They need to be visible from very close up to 1km. I'm trying to use alpha test to simulate the dimming in the distance, with a 1px minimum visible width.

Some scenario use SRAA, some don't, so I'm trying to have a material that would fit both.

Thanks for your help.

pylons_cable.upackage

With this mesh.abstmat, with SRAA enabled, it looks ok, but when SRAA is disabled, then alpha value is ignored and material is fully opaque. So something is wrong here.

Yep, maybe in 2.15.1 there is more than a single issue with abstract materials.

Can't see any issues with 2.16, so I think it's better to wait until the new version (or continue to use custom logic to control material settings with stock abstract material).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: