Support for USD in Unigine

photo

Hi, I am new to Unigine. I am just wondering if Unigine supports USD? I tried looking around the documentation and searched in the forum but I couldn't find any answers.

It seems like Unity has an SDK to support the use of USD and Unreal provides support through USD Stage. But how about Unigine?

Thank you very much.

zl.tan

We don't have out of the box support of USD format. It contains more than a simple mesh definition inside and includes the whole scene description format (similar to our internal .world), so full support for each and every feature would be very problematic to add.

If USD support would be eventually added more likely it would be limited to mesh-only import.

However, I don't have any information yet on USD format support in our roadmap yet, so it's hard to predict when it would be added.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

16 hours ago, silent said:

zl.tan

We don't have out of the box support of USD format. It contains more than a simple mesh definition inside and includes the whole scene description format (similar to our internal .world), so full support for each and every feature would be very problematic to add.

If USD support would be eventually added more likely it would be limited to mesh-only import.

However, I don't have any information yet on USD format support in our roadmap yet, so it's hard to predict when it would be added.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

I understand that.