Are assets in ung files only can be accessed by code?

photo

I archived a ung file, then I put it in data directory, but I can't see the contents in the ung file in unigine editor. The document says ung files are transparent to editor, I thought my ung file should can be accessed in editor as the 'core.ung', but I can't see anything in editor but a ung file which I can't use it. So it means the contents of ung files only can be accessed by code or it's my wrong operation?

Dear @lgdnpt,

Is your ung file password protected? Editor only sees the ung files which are open without password.

Mine case working in 2.14.1.1.

Regards,

Rohit

3 minutes ago, rohit.gonsalves said:

Dear @lgdnpt,

Is your ung file password protected? Editor only sees the ung files which are open without password.

Mine case working in 2.14.1.1.

Regards,

Rohit

Thank you for your reply. However I didn't set password to my ung file. Do I put it in a wrong directory?

1 hour ago, lgdnpt said:

I archived a ung file, then I put it in data directory, but I can't see the contents in the ung file in unigine editor. The document says ung files are transparent to editor, I thought my ung file should can be accessed in editor as the 'core.ung', but I can't see anything in editor but a ung file which I can't use it. So it means the contents of ung files only can be accessed by code or it's my wrong operation?

Hello!

Actually ".ung" can be access only through engine. Core.ung is an exception and it's only one available from the editor.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, bmyagkov said:

Hello!

Actually ".ung" can be access only through engine. Core.ung is an exception and it's only one available from the editor.

Thanks!

Excuse me, so how to access the ung in editor? for example, I packed a x.fbx mesh file in the ung, how to put the mesh into scene? Thanks!

Sorry for incomplete information.

For me, the ung is loaded by engine as explain by @bmyagkov.

But with mount points I can load the properties in editor. Sorry for misinformation in hest.

Rohit

29 minutes ago, rohit.gonsalves said:

Sorry for incomplete information.

For me, the ung is loaded by engine as explain by @bmyagkov.

But with mount points I can load the properties in editor. Sorry for misinformation in hest.

Rohit

Dear Rohit:

I packed the ung with

.\ung_x64 -c speed -o assets.ung D:\ung\assets

command, 1.png.f9269657f95c242db6ba27dc2b001ba3.png,

and this is the contents of the folder 'assets' : 2.png.2c5c834d044df137c173df985fce6799.png,

I move it to the data directory, but I can't acccess the contents of the ung. It is possible to add the 'bus.fbx' to the scene by using editor without code?

Or my understanding is incorrect that I put the ung in a wrong place?

3.png.04debc4b69943e33dc455a6e6b20b32a.png

I'm sorry to bother you, and that's my all information, I sincerely hope you can help me. Thank you very much!

@lgdnpt Hello!

Unfortunately ".ung" packages could not be reach through the editor and there is no way to cheat it. 

The idea behind using ".ung" files was the need to package the content before making the final build in terms to prevent access and leave data untouched.

If you need to share data between projects you can use "Asset Package" for that which is also available straight from the editor.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, bmyagkov said:

@lgdnpt Hello!

Unfortunately ".ung" packages could not be reach through the editor is there is no way to cheat it. 

The idea behind using ".ung" files was the need to package the content before making the final build in terms to prevent access and leave data untouched.

If you need to share data between projects you can use "Asset Package" for that which is also available straight from the editor.

Thanks!

Thank you! Could you tell me where I can find the detailed usage method of ".ung" files please? The document is looks not detailed much. As you say, pack the content in ".ung" before making the final build, but how to use the ".ung" file to replace the source files?

1 hour ago, bmyagkov said:

@lgdnpt Hello!

Unfortunately ".ung" packages could not be reach through the editor is there is no way to cheat it. 

Thanks!

Please forgive me because of my tiresome question, but it's very important to me. I'm not a native English speaker, so my words might be offensive. And thank you a lot again.

5 minutes ago, lgdnpt said:

Please forgive me because of my tiresome question, but it's very important to me. I'm not a native English speaker, so my words might be offensive. And thank you a lot again.

Please refer to the following article https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.15.1/principles/filesystem/?rlang=cpp#file_packages

From UNIGINE API, archives are handled using the FileSystem functions as well.

Thanks!