suggestion: camera based projected decal

photo

Hi think I've already ask for that but not sure...and also may be it doesn't belong to rendering thread.

Would it be hard to have another type of decal where projection would be set by a camera(ortho, perspective,spherical,etc), so it would be easy to grab its point of view hence what's seen by the decal for 2d post. This is known as camera mapping in other softwares. Although I believe this is already kind of possible with a node based material.

Thanks for feedbacks.

Hello, Romain!

Thanks for the feedback! I will run it through our technicians but most likely if such a thing could be done through material graph then highly unlikely this will be implemented as a separate tool in the editor.

Thanks!

Hello!

@romain.janil If such a feature could be done using material graph then please do not expect it to be added as a separate tool in editor - this information was confirmed with our technical artists team.

So, you already can try to do some approach now and if you will have to stuck with something then please ask your questions in a separate thread.

Thanks!