landscape with big data.

photo

I tried to create terrain by specifying terrain output and cache folder on the common server.

After the output process was completed and the last optimization world setting verification step was exceeded, the editor stopped in the process of creating a landscape in the world.

Data seems to have been created in the output folder of the common folder, and the size is about 600Gb.

Do I have to keep waiting? Or after rebooting, do I have to create a terrainObjectGlobal myself and connecting the data ?

Edited by dongju.jeong

Hello!

I would definitely advise you to wait for the end of the process. It will be much harder to setup data manually after.

It is also better to press "Ignore" button in "Optimizing world settings" window for projects this size. Just in terms to prevent this kind of behavior that you are facing at the moment.

image.png

Thanks!

I've already pressed "Apply" and the Editor seems to have stopped completely. "No response" is displayed.

I'm not sure if the process is going on internally.

1 hour ago, dongju.jeong said:

I'm not sure if the process is going on internally.

You can check this through the "Task Manager" on "Process" tab and find there "Editor_x64" application, which should keep changing its CPU, Memory, Disk, Network values if it still alive.

Even if process is actually dead I do not recommend to try to assemble TerrainGlobal manually, it would be much easier to start generation over again. Generation is should be done faster since cache are ready.

Thanks!