New SDK Browser 2 (Experimental)

Introducing a new SDK Browser 2 (experimental), completely reworked from scratch, supporting the complete set of features of the previous version with improved safety, robustness, and extended functionality to support additional features. And the cherry on the cake is the ability to minimize SDK Browser to the System Tray.

sdk_bro.jpg

New SDK Browser 2 is considered experimental, as a set of new features is yet to be added along with further UX improvements, but it is fully functional and you can already use it to work with your UNIGINE projects starting from version 2.9 and higher.

Here is a quick video guide about working with the new SDK Browser 2:

New browser is available for downloading in the Downloads section.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of good stuff. Tray!

My biggest complaints about project creation are all the "bloatware" :) in an "empty" project, and that "Template" isn't user managed.

I have different sets of System Logic and World Logic templates I use. I should be able to put these in a folder in the SDK Browser and have that folder show up in templates. Even `main` should be able to come from this folder.

Along the same lines, (though this is probably wishful thinking), a drop-down for "Base Component" would really be amazing! ->

`class MyBaseComponent : Component {} `

Selecting "MyBaseComponent" in the dropdown would make the new components inherit from My...  

// Unigine->New Class

`class NewOne : MyComponent{}`

In fact, multiple bases could be maintained and offered as options whenever creating a new component.

BTW: Any way to get this to work with the window-manager build?

Edited by Tessalator
BTW

BTW: Any way to get this to work with the window-manager build?

You can try to manually add existing SDK, but if that will not work - there is no way to do it, I'm afraid.

Regarding user-based templates - it's interesting idea, added it to our backlog. Maybe we will return to it in the future :)

Along the same lines, (though this is probably wishful thinking), a drop-down for "Base Component" would really be amazing! ->

If you have some ideas how to make C# Component System, don't hesitate to create a new topic in the feedback section, so it would not lost in the middle of the another discussions.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

With 2.16 beta release, we start to use this nice new version of the SDK browser.
Like the easy way to change SDK version and demo samples more static, with UI bottom changing if files are to download or locally present.

But I'm struggling to get my projects properly imported.. without loosing them at next launch.
What I'm trying to do:

- keep the same project file over different branches (version of your SDK)

- change only "name" in "project_settings" of the project file, to reflect another project version in the SDK browser

Since this v2 select now a project file instead of a directory, user may expect more flexibility on project name in fact.
Is there any constraint? .e.g. "name" should be same as project file name? or project folder name?

The JSON C:\Users\<userID>\AppData\Roaming\unigine\browser.json shows, at least for us, a weird behavior of the "projects" section, accumulating multiple different keys but for the same project / path..

Regards,
Charles

Hi Charles,

Currently we store path to the project dir, but not the project file itself.

So right now the only way to use multiple projects is to:

1. adjust "name" in the "project_settings";
  2. rename .project file so it would match the "name" from step #1.

More likely this behavior would be changed in the future, so no .project file renaming would be required.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

Ok, but with a new version of SDK browser, you could bring this nice improvement.
Project import works fine, but relaunch SDK browser and you lost your project, weird.

Another point, already mentioned by the past -> creating new project, you can only take one template between IG and VR, but not both of them.
It is a limitation that could be removed. Typically we do manage a project having both.
Each we do have an update of the SDK, the automatic update won't get things done properly (since template is empty), and we do have to create one template-VR then one template-IG and proceed by comparison.. not ideal.

Regards,
Charles

• 1 month later...

Здравствуйте. На данный момент я обладатель аккаунта версии sim, и последнее доступное sdk для моего аккаунта 2.14.1 sim. Но к сожалению из-за высокого статуса моего аккаунта мне не доступны версии sdk ниже статусом . В частности, хотел бы иметь крайнюю версию на текущий момент 2.16 Community Free, но без нужды перелогиниватся. Возможно ли добавить такую возможность в новый лаунчер?