Required common paths in landscape

photo

I set up a temporary public folder to store cache and terrain files

image.png.ce6bcddc9752da778940ab997c6ffcfa.png

However, on the Distributed Computing tab, there is one more path in the required  common path.

Can I know what it means?

image.png.2124c19052e610adaa9af5a11d7564bb.png

Hello @dongju.jeong!

This is the path to data sources that will be used in project generation. It looks like in this example files are stored in desktop folder.

All sources inside the "Play Area" will be listed there.

Thanks!

image.png

thank you.

Is there any problem with distributed computing even if the data source is in the local folder?

Should data sources also be in the public folder?

Edited by dongju.jeong
3 hours ago, dongju.jeong said:

thank you.

Is there any problem with distributed computing even if the data source is in the local folder?

Should data sources also be in the public folder?

Hello!

Source files as well as common cache shall be stored in a shared folder too.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I have one more question.

image.png.6bad89637cb277c02f15dd69b3da8316.png

Is this problem handled automatically?

And if the master and worker are disconnected during generating, should I start from the beginning again?

image.png.7347ec23f5b396bcfb2597a7516e9f33.png

Lastly, could you tell me how to use this in more detail?

image.png.8061348219b8ccaa6a41ab95e45a0977.png

Edited by dongju.jeong

Hello! 

@dongju.jeong Tool can handle disconnected workers, but not master PC. If the master disconnects, the whole generation process must be started again.

Even so, I would not recommend to rely on that everything has been done correctly by the disconnected workers — the result might be unexpected since this is an unwanted scenario.

4 hours ago, dongju.jeong said:

Lastly, could you tell me how to use this in more detail?

image.png.8061348219b8ccaa6a41ab95e45a0977.png

This is a bit outdated information. Those tool was available for source SDK only and do not supported anymore. Most likely we will remove it from the documentation soon.

Thanks!

Thank you.

Then, how do I know if the creation process speed and the network speed are normal (fast)?

The source tile is currently being created, but the process seems to be too slow.

Is it related to the value of the network speed in Task Manager?
I'm generating terrain on a shared server folder using a 1Gb network.

It has a large capacity because I use three 100 x 100km plates of 0.25m-class ecw.

image.png.bb526473159ec4700feb0dc28a2ec4d7.pngimage.png.8e488334689d14796729c0a679d1cadd.pngimage.png.1d467540bc6ba41a92747ec4104dbf36.png

Basically, this amount of data are really huge and it's cannot be generated quickly even using distributed generation :)

14 minutes ago, dongju.jeong said:

Is it related to the value of the network speed in Task Manager?

I think you can rely to this numbers but do not expect see there 1gb\s, since this value not only related to network load but it's also could be bottlenecked by used hardware storage. I guess your shared server uses HDD hard drives?

We recommend to use a gigabit connection, but this does not mean that it will be completely loaded, because there are internal processes that limit the speed of generation. ECW itself are extremely compressed file type and there a lot of work goes into unpacking it.

Based on your numbers and my own experience, I would say that there is nothing to worry about, the process works at the highest possible speeds.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1