2.15.1 editor initialization freeze

photo

HI, I've just made a new default project with browser (sdk 2.15.1) but editor hangs at "initializing plugins" (yet no plugins are added in conf). I tried with another blank project, but same thing, Editor won't launch. ApplicationLaunchers run OK tho.

Any idea what's causing this ?

thanks

Hi Romain,

Editor is loading import plugins at start-up (at least FBXImporter / GLTFImporter and CADimporter), but that's very strange that hang appears in this spot. We never saw this behavior before, so it's hard to tell what's going on here.

If you will be able to reproduce this behavior again, try to remove from <Project>/bin directory import plugins one-by-one to identify which one is causing this. Maybe that will give us some clues.

Alternatively, if you have installed Visual Studio 2015+ on your PC you can run debug Editor build and get a callstack from it, that may also help.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

2 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Romain,

Editor is loading import plugins at start-up (at least FBXImporter / GLTFImporter and CADimporter), but that's very strange that hang appears in this spot. We never saw this behavior before, so it's hard to tell what's going on here.

If you will be able to reproduce this behavior again, try to remove from <Project>/bin directory import plugins one-by-one to identify which one is causing this. Maybe that will give us some clues.

Alternatively, if you have installed Visual Studio 2015+ on your PC you can run debug Editor build and get a callstack from it, that may also help.

Thanks!

Hi Silent,

ok yes I remembered it happened once with 2.15.0 some months ago, but I can't figure out how things fixed themselves. I'll do what you propose with import plugins if I stumble upon the issue again, thanks.