Future unigine

photo

1. Are you planning to go into the gaming market? The competition is godot, unity and unreal, well, maybe source 2 when cdk comes out, do you have any plans to increase the community and the popularity of the engine, so to speak, in the future? Of course, it's not only up to you, but still, for indie developers, unigine can be a little more difficult than unity, it's just that unigine is actually a good engine, but the community is extremely small for such an engine, I hope that you have plans to make the engine more popular for the gaming market

2. Expect marketplace / asset store

3. Will there ever be a realtime gi? By type sdfgi/svogi/Enlighten gi

4. What about animation tools? What are planned? IK? full Body IK? Etc

5. We should expect a more *sweet license* in the future, or rather its update, many say that the engine license is somehow terrible for those who are in the same unit

6. Is it worth waiting for some analogues of nanites? Something like? Or just lods?

7. Blueprint? Animograph? Although it seems they already exist, I don’t remember exactly

8. Will there be something similar to Metahuman?

9. Should we wait for some kind of roadmap for us so that we can see what is worth waiting for in the near future?

10. What are the developers' plans for the engine in general?

11. What new tools will be made for artists?

• 2 months later...

yeah I have similar questions.. currently using Unity.. prefere C# so that kinda rules out UE5 though its asset marketplace is picking up alot now, and well UE5 renderer is well puts Unity to shame for the screw up they've done with URP/HDRP trainwreck. 

I just think Unigine is still in early days at least for hobby developers who just want to make smaller games and utilize some marketplace  for additional tools/framework etc to speed up development.

We are currently working on asset store indeed, but I can't share more details, I'm afraid.

Roadmap in very rough form you can find here (will be updated soon to reflect current development progress): 

The other items in the list are also very interesting topics for discussion. In short, most of them (maybe except Nanite stuff) are considered for future releases, but amount of work that needs to be done is huge, so it may take quite some time for implementation.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 5 months later...

I don't understand why you don't make all the features of your engine free like the other engines. Would make a lot more people want to use it and learn it. There is nothing more annoying than seeing examples of what an engine can do and they when you read into it, it's a paid option that the community edition doesn't have available. Learn from your competitors.

• Like 1