Clouds, Interleaved Issue (again).

photo

Hallo Silent.

It seems, that there is still an issue with interleaved cloud rendering.

Similar to this issue 

We had set it to 8x8 and after running the project for over 3 days (@ fps >200), there are again some artifacts building up in the clouds. 

We have clouds and field weather active. Hard to point out the issue, as it also looks different than the previous issue.

It looks more like a noise issue. But also the cloud formation looks odd. 

Can the issue be at the fieldWeather ?
I also saw, that the Field weather Intensity 1.0 causes (sometimes) very heavy noisy edges. Turning the intensity down, helped (I addressed an edge issue previously here: 

(btw. I couldnt solve the issue at that time).

Again, turning interleaved off, it disappears. Turning it on again, its back. So after it occurred once, it doesn't go away. (good for debugging..., bad for the release version).

thx. Werner

noisy_clouds_15_03.png

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Could you please also send us your clouds node and field weather? You can export them into .upackage and send to us.

Right now we are testing this case on a separate PC with 500+ fps for 8 hours straight and everything is looking fine. Maybe some very specific settings are affecting this behavior.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Werner, so far unfortunately no success in reproduction. Maybe there's some other variables that affect repro. Could you please also specify what precision are you using in you project(float\double)? On what GPU(AMD\NVIDIA) this project runs, and if the latest GPU driver installed?

Also could you please give us coords where we can observe bug from you screenshot(you can capture camera coord by "camera_get" console command)

Okay. Thank you for trying to reproduce.

We are using float precision, interleaved rendering. Running on a RTX3070. Studio driver, 472.39

Camera get delivers: 26.5 -97.1 3.7 87.8 2.6 0.1

In case I also could upload the whole project ;)

Best. Werner

GPU driver seems to be quite old, maybe updating it to the latest version would change things a bit? We didn't test much on studio driver as far as I know, mostly we use game ready driver for our daily tests.

If updating driver would not change anything we would like to take a look a the whole project.

Also if you can do a screenshot right after launch and after 2-3 days - it would be nice to see the actual difference between them. On our side final picture looks almost the same as it was.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Aye. 

We will start some tests. If that appears again I will do a bit more.

Always hard to chase down these combinatoric issues.

best.w.

• Thanks 1