Converting Terrain inside Unigine - is it possible?

photo

Hello,

I am currently working on an old project which uses a ObjectTerrainGlobal with masks and LODS but I would prefer to work instead with an Landscape Terrain.
So this may be an odd question, but is there a way to convert one Landscape into the other?
Without painting everything manually?

I tried to export the Terrain so I could generate the Height Map und different Masks again, but this doesn´t seem to be possible.
Reusing the Height Array also doesn´t seem to work.
It would be enough to transfer the height data to the Landscape Terrain. I can paint the materials and masks again if I have to but I need the same height data in the same place.
Unfortunately I haven´t the data of the object und masks, whith which the Terrain was created in the first place.

While I don't think it's (easily) possible, I wanted to throw the question out in here.

Thanks and kind regards

ShadowZelda

It's nice that you decided to write here!

Basically *.uts files from ObjectTerrainGlobal stores inside tiles from the megatexture, so in theory it's possible to get them back. But there are some limitations: for example, if you are using insets, it would not be possible to identify which tile has better quality.

I think it's even possible to get all the masks back.

If you can share with us your old terrain *.uts and *.utsh files - we can try to export them into some human-friendly formats (png / dds) and send you back. Just send me PM with zip archive from your terrain and we can figure out what to do next :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: