masks shifted when generated with landscape tool (2.13 --> 2.15)

photo

Hi,

all masks for landcover are somehow shifted from source data (all in wgs84)

generation is curved, geodetic pivot for this particular project:

first images (source data)  you can see an overlay of the bw mask over albedo data. It's used to mask some clutter tree. White splotches are where they are supposed to be,  not in water, houses, roads etc.

Then result when generated in with landscape tool, tested in 2.13 and latest 2.15:

all trees are shifted  south east some how, so they end up in water, roads, houses etc.

I understand there might be some precision  tolerance when masking a clutter due to threshold (conversely as if clusters were generated from point data), but I wouldn't expect such a shifting problem.

So my question is as it seems to be a bug, can it be fixed, or is LandscapeTool deprecated now ? 

Thanks,

Romain

source_data.jpg

geeration_shif.jpg

source_data2.jpg

gen_shift2.jpg

Edited by romain.janil
typo

Hello!

Romain, indeed Landscape Tool will become deprecated soon but until this happens we want to have a look on the issue.

I was tried to reproduce it on our side with our own assets but have no success at the moment, can't get exactly same shift as you shown on the screenshots.

May I ask you to share assets with landscape tool project file too? If for some reason you do not want to post them publicly, you can send the links to private messages.

Thanks!

little update, unfortunately,  I'm not allowed to share the source data...

I'l try to reproduce the problem with other source data if I can, but I guess it'll take some effort/time.