How to create Refraction Texture

photo

I want to know what is the purpose of this Glass refraction texture. which is connected to shader. How is it created. and why does it not look like a normal shader texture of unigine and looks more like alpha or ambient occlusion Map. Please let me know which software was used to create this texture map and how to recreate it, if that information is available to be disclosed.

glass1.thumb.JPG.99e60a387e2d496ae3d2712070c7d0a1.JPG

1830437802_glass2.thumb.JPG.35f58c1a5b5286afb4b01f35f508266a.JPG

Hi!
Because this is texture of value of refraction. We used this texture to make zero distortion (refraction) of image behind the flat sides of this bottle.
As i remember we baked this texture as Smooth Curvature in 3D Coat.

7 minutes ago, silent said:

rohit.gonsalves

I guess it's better to ask in Substace / 3D Coat forums. We rarely use Substance Painter, so we don't know if there is same functionality exists or not  :)

When I  outsource our work to freelancer for content development. Here almost all vfx guys uses Substance painter. So I have asked for info gathering. 

But if any community member has tried it, then probably I might get answer here. ;-)

Rohit

If I recollect correctly, The same kind of texture is used in FoxHole demo for the chimney glass edges, isn't it?

I was studying it and it was possible to create such texture in photoshop and map onto the object. Off course baking will make it exact and simple workflow. and programmer approach will be most disliked by content creators. :-)

@silent Soon I will get chance to work with substance painter as I don't have license right now. Will check this node for sure.

Rohit