[2.15] Regression world_save

photo

Hi,

In 2.13, we used to generate at runtime a lot of objects as child of a Layer node, and then save them to disk with "world_save". This produced a 600MB file, which was saved correctly and reloaded perfectly too (~20.000 objects with 1000 triangles each).

In 2.15, the same "world_save" leads to this:

Saving "test.world"
ERROR:	Memory::allocate(): Can't allocate 18446744072795998369 bytes

Ouch, that's a lot of bytes. Much much more than 600MB...

(and the layer node file has 0 bytes in it...)

Hi Stephane,

That's unexpected. Thanks for the bug report!

Will try to reproduce this on our side as well. So each object in your case is a simple mesh or you have other types?

It would be nice to take a look at your hierarchy to check which type of nodes you have and at least to understand which types of objects are there (for example, 50% mesh static, 30% grass objects and couple of lmaps).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I uploaded on your ftp TestWorldSave.zip.

Basically, we generate into a node layer a lot of electrical pylons (as node reference) and their cables (as meshes). This is done by a custom component at runtime (if activated inside the component property). The generation runs fine, but the world_save will always crash after a while. Note the memory quantity trying to be allocated is just ridiculous, and as all geometry is already in memory, there should be no reason to allocate anything when serializing the world.

Note we use world_save but actually only the node layer with the generated content is of interest to us. Is it possible to save just the layer?

As usual, feel free to comment/improve any of the code/process.

@silent Your "ftp" signature is only visible when I'm not logged in. Is it normal?

35 minutes ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Your "ftp" signature is only visible when I'm not logged in. Is it normal?

There is an option in account settings that can hide signatures from the users: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/settings/signature/

I uploaded on your ftp TestWorldSave.zip.

Thanks, we would check this as soon as possible!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: